building apach1.3.33/mo_perl1/php5 from source for FC3

Herschel hcohen2 at comcast.net
Mon May 2 14:09:36 UTC 2005

bruce wrote:

>hi..
>
>can someone point me to basic instructions covering haw to build/install
>apache1.3.33/mod_perl1/php5 from source on a FC3 system. i need to be able
>to do everything from the source, as i can't find rpms for my needs..
>
>i also need to know how to add whatever i need to allow me to start the
>apache service/app at startup, and to be able to add the apache service to
>the gnome services function.
>
>thanks
>
>-bruce
>bedouglas at earthlink.net

Cannot promise this will work, but I installed apache 1.x with perl from
source on a different, older distribution and more recently apache 2.0.x
and php 5 on this machine.  However, the latter has not been put to use.

Here is a link I was intending to use soon (but again not specifically
for a Fedora Core kernel): http://systhread.net/texts/200504lamp1.html