Re Re Hp Deskjet 825C and FC3.

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon May 2 14:25:05 UTC 2005

Olle & Susan wrote:
> Yes, printing does work properly from other apps. (CD-covers are a
> little too small, but...)
> I did find a workaround, I lie and call my printer an HP Desk jet 840C.
> Then the printer
> works fine, must reduce the ink volume a little for perfect pictures.

Gimp has a seperate setting for printing.  If you check the setup
under printing, you will find that there are some added control codes
to the print command.  I found that I had to change these settings
according to the instructions on http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/ for
the hpijs driver.

It is documented someplace on what needs to be changed.

--
Robin Laing