Madwifi & Initialize on Boot

The Disguised Jedi disguised.jedi at gmail.com
Mon May 2 17:35:40 UTC 2005

I have successfully compiled the madwifi drivers and installed all the
modules. I can modprobe and load the modules, and I got the card configured
right with Kuduzu, and that all works just FINE AND DANDY! However, Fedora
won't connect to the network properly on boot. I run "/sbin/iwconfig ath0"
and I see that everything is configured according to the settings in the
system-config-network program, but the encryption key is set to "none". I do
"/sbin/iwconfig ath0 key ****-*****-****-****-****-****-**" and then bring
the connection up with the "Activate" button in "system-config-network" and
it connects in just a few seconds.
 Is there something I need to change in order to make it apply all the
settings BEFORE trying to bring the adapter up? Is this just a little bug in
madwifi that has a workaround? What am I missing here?
 I've already asked a question here once and got very great responses!
Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this!
 Thanks in advance for responses!

--
The Disguised Jedi
disguised.jedi at gmail.com

Now you have my $0.02. Or .01 Pounds, .014 Euros, or $0.025 CAN. I'm
world-wide BABY!
PHP rocks!
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Go to school, become evil"

Disclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this message may be ignored. However,
I must say that the ENTIRE contents of this message are subject to other's
criticism, corrections, and speculations.

This message is Certified Virus Free