iptables -- trying to redirect, but doesn't work (and related guru question)

John G. Norman john.g.norman at gmail.com
Mon May 2 18:16:34 UTC 2005

Sure. I turned off all filtering. All ports are open (this is all on a
private subnet).

Look:

[root at preview preview]# /sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -
j DNAT --to 192.168.10.101:8080

[root at preview preview]# /sbin/iptables -nvL
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 601 packets, 330K bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 430 packets, 77490 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

[root at preview preview]#
[root at preview preview]# /sbin/iptables -t nat -L
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
DNAT       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:http to:192
.168.10.101:8080

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
[root at preview preview]#