HELP: Presentations with FC3 (again...)

Kenny Gow kgfedora at swbell.net
Mon May 2 18:58:01 UTC 2005

Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to make a presentation using OO Impress under FC3, in about 3
> hours from now. I followed some suggestions I got here, and this is
> what I got so far:
>
>   - I boot the computer, then connect the projector. Pressing Fcn+F8
> sends the image to the projector, but doesn't "loop"
> display|projector|both as it should. It's either display or projector.
>
>   - The image on the projector is always cut at the left end. I can
> never get the whole image there.
>
>   - When I press Fcn+F8 to get back to the computer display, it always
> comes back with the image larger, and only half fits the screen, so I
> have to press CTRL+ALT+F7 to get the display back to normal.
>
>   - Definition: The display is using 1152 x 864 definition. The
> projector seems to recognize that, and all works fine there, except
> for the left are, which is cut out. I tried everything with the
> projector, there just seems to be no way to make this left area
> appear. (I already moved the horizontal all I could)
>
>   - Booting with the projector already connected makes no difference at all.
>
> Does anyone knows if I need to change any configuration to get it to
> work right? I just wanted the whole slide to appear! (The part too...)
> Also, do I have to change anything to get the Fcn+F8 to llop correctly
> (including the display+projector part) ?
>
> Thanks!

Have you tried changing the laptop resolution to 1024x768? Most
projectors have native resolutions of 800x600 or 1024x768. Any other
resolution requires scaling the image which doesn't usually
look good.

I would try setting the laptop screen resolution to 1024x768 so
hopefully it would output that resolution to the projector and
the projector might like this size better.

--Kenny

--
Because words are imperfect, every generation rewrites itself.