mplayer has no vedio?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon May 2 20:21:14 UTC 2005

Mostafa Z. Afgani wrote:
> Robin Laing wrote:
>
>> Mostafa Z. Afgani wrote:

>>> try launching the file as:
>>>
>>> $ gmplayer mediafile
>>>
>>> -M
>>>

>> gmplayer is the graphical version of mplayer.
>>

> sure .. but since he said he was only getting sound and no video/gui, it
> sounded like the media was just playing in the console .. gmplayer would
> give him the GUI if that's what he was after ..
>
> -M

My thoughts exactly.  Many people hear of mplayer but never hear about
gmplayer.  Many don't even know that it exists.  I also t

gmplayer does allow an easy method to configure the browser in
comparison to editing a config file by just clicking the wrench.

For many, this is the only way that they can understand how to
configure the player.
--
Robin Laing