Iomega external super dvd usb: OK with Fedora (3)?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon May 2 22:35:45 UTC 2005

Nat Gross wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>> Nat Gross wrote:
>>
>>> Am searching for an external usb drive. Can I expect the Iomega Super
>>> external usb dvd writer to work outta the box?
>>

>> It should.
>>
>>> Although my immediate need is to simply read write plain old dvd's
>>> (not dual layered), I am also wondering if I will be able to use this
>>> to upgrade to FC-4 (via dvd image) in the future.
>>

>> That depends on whether your BIOS allows booting from USB devices.
>

> Thank you much.

If your BIOS doesn't support booting from USB, try using SBM (Smart Boot
Manager).  It installs on a floppy so you boot the floppy.  Once SBM
comes up, you can boot from lots of things the BIOS can't handle.

	http://btmgr.webframe.org/index.php3?body=download.html

will get you there.
-                He who laughs last thinks slowest.                  -