Installing FC 3

The Disguised Jedi disguised.jedi at gmail.com
Tue May 3 05:43:49 UTC 2005

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install FC 3 (64 bit) and I keep having problems with
> the
> install disks. I verified the checksums once I downloaded the iso images,
> and
> burned the iso images using nero. I can get the installer to boot fine,
> but
> when I test the disks with the installer they always fail. If I try to
> continue
> with the installation it imediately crashes. I have done this successfully
> before to install Redhat 9.0, I think in the same way. Any suggestions?

There is a known bug that on some machines the verify will always fail,
except for the install disk. I don't have a link handy, but I experienced
the same thing, and the install went OK, one error at first, but I quickly
resolved it.

But you are having problems. Hmmm... what is the error you get? I got an
error about the X server stopping unexpectedly, and I finally figured out
that it was because I moved the mouse around when it was starting. If I
didn't let the mouse move until everything was up, it went as smooth as can
be. I have NO IDEA why. (I'll look into a bug report!)

Tell me if the same happens for you, and we can see whether or not this is
just something weird with my laptop.

--
The Disguised Jedi
disguised.jedi at gmail.com

Now you have my $0.02. Or .01 Pounds, .014 Euros, or $0.025 CAN. I'm
world-wide BABY!
PHP rocks!
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Go to school, become evil"

Disclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this message may be ignored. However,
I must say that the ENTIRE contents of this message are subject to other's
criticism, corrections, and speculations.

This message is Certified Virus Free