Installing FC 3

Lodolce at colorado.edu Lodolce at colorado.edu
Tue May 3 06:31:53 UTC 2005

Thanks for your suggestions.

I tried burning the images at a low speed, no luck. With the most recent CD's it
won't even load the installer, rather after it states "Decompressing Linux..." I
get "crc error -- system halted". With another set of CDs once the installer
loads and I go to start the install and I immediately get "error reading
header...cpio:read failed" then it exits the installer.

I have yet to try a network install. I only have a windows network around, can I
do this through windows? Actually, I do have a machine running Redhat 9.0 though
I do not profess to be fluent with linux. Any suggestions on where I might find
a tutorial for a linux network install?

I have Windows XP currently on one partition, and another data partition
formated as NTFS. I am trying to setup a dual boot with FC 3 on the remainder
of the HD (since good old microsoft isn't set up yet for 64bit processors).
I've tried burning the install disks using various machines with the same
result.

Thanks
Gabe