Sound Blaster (AWE32) not detected by kudzu

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Tue May 3 06:59:17 UTC 2005

On 5/2/05, disguised.jedi at gmail.com <disguised.jedi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Look in ther kernel docs and find the name that the module is compiled as.
> you could go to make menuconfig and find the kernel option you selected and
> press ?.  That will bring up the help and it should tell you what name the
> module is compiled as....
>

> On 5/2/05, Bob R. Taylor <brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx > wrote:
> > Kernel Linux ann.qtpi.local 2.6.6-1.435icbinu4 #1 Tue Sep 14 02:24:11
> > EST 2004 alpha alpha alpha GNU/Linux
> >
> > The kernel says:
> >
> > isapnp: Scanning for PnP cards...
> > pnp: SB audio device quirk - increasing port range
> > pnp: AWE32 quirk - adding two ports
> > isapnp: Card 'Creative SB32 PnP'
> > isapnp: 1 Plug & Play card detected total
> >
> > What do I need to add to /etc/modprobe.conf?
> >
> > The kernel was compiled with AWE32 as a module.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Bob R. Taylor < brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx>

[snip]

> --
> The Disguised Jedi
> disguised.jedi at gmail.com

Append the following lines to /etc/modprobe.conf:

alias snd-card-0 snd-sbawe
options snd-card-0 index=0
install snd-sbawe /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-sbawe &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-sbawe { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-sbawe

Note:  Mail may fold long lines of text. There should be only 4 lines.
 "install ..." begins line 3.
"remove ..." begins line 4.