Madwifi & Initialize on Boot

disguised.jedi at gmail.com disguised.jedi at gmail.com
Tue May 3 07:23:21 UTC 2005

Well, I went through and looked a little closer at everything that
went on, and found some error messages that didn't seem to be related,
but they were.  All I had to do was put "restricted" before the key
and that made iwconfig figure out that it shouldn't try to connect
without the key.

That was simple.

Here's a link to what I looked at that inspired me!

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/archive/41/2004/03/1/152276

Thanks for your responses!

On 5/2/05, Robert Locke <lists at ralii.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 11:35 -0600, The Disguised Jedi wrote:
> > I have successfully compiled the madwifi drivers and installed all the
> > modules.  I can modprobe and load the modules, and I got the card
> > configured right with Kuduzu, and that all works just FINE AND DANDY!
> > However, Fedora won't connect to the network properly on boot.  I run
> > "/sbin/iwconfig ath0" and I see that everything is configured
> > according to the settings in the system-config-network program, but
> > the encryption key is set to "none".  I do "/sbin/iwconfig ath0 key
> > ****-*****-****-****-****-****-**" and then bring the connection up
> > with the "Activate" button in "system-config-network" and it connects
> > in just a few seconds.
> >

> Why not enter the key into system-config-network??  When you edit the
> hardware device "ath0" in there, just go to the Wireless Settings tab
> and enter the key....  Save the settings and it should have them when
> you next boot.  I am running the ath0 drivers without problems with
> multiple profiles and everything depending on where I connect....
>
> > Is there something I need to change in order to make it apply all the
> > settings BEFORE trying to bring the adapter up?  Is this just a little
> > bug in madwifi that has a workaround?  What am I missing here?
> >
> > I've already asked a question here once and got very great responses!
> > Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this!
> >
> > Thanks in advance for responses!
> >

> HTH,
>
> --Rob
>
> --

The Disguised Jedi
disguised.jedi at gmail.com

Now you have my $0.02.  Or .01 Pounds, .014 Euros, or $0.025 CAN.  I'm
world-wide BABY!
PHP rocks!
"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Go to school, become evil"

However, I must say that the ENTIRE contents of this message are
subject to other's criticism, corrections, and speculations.

This message is Certified Virus Free