Fedora on the second disk

Rick Lim ricklim at telus.net
Tue May 3 13:55:16 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Paul Howarth
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:50 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: Fedora on the second disk

Gu, John A. (US SSA) wrote:
> I have installed lilo on the second disk (hdb1?) and it can boot as a
> single drive (No RedHat8). Should I change all "had" to "hdb" in the
> lilo.conf on the second disk?

That might work but you'd probably be better off installing grub on your
second drive as I mentioned last time, as grub is better supported in
Fedora than LILO.

What's the output of:
# fdisk -l /dev/hdb

What is each of those partitions in the output of this command used for?

P.S. Please do not top-post on this mailing list.

Regards, Paul.

Just throwing in my 2 cents.... as a linux user since RH5.0, I agree, Grub
is much easier to use by far, have to give LILO credit, a good program but
Grub is my preference.