Can not print to remote printer

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:23:44 UTC 2005

On 5/3/05, lrmeans MEANS <lrmeans at msn.com> wrote:

> Have a home network with two Windows XP pc's sharing a printer on one of the
> machines. Added a third pc to the network running Fedora Linux 3.
> Everything seems to work correctly on the Linux box except the printing to
> the printer on the XP using Windows SMB protocol. Everything sets up
> correctly and when I send a test page to the printer, I get the message
> "NT_STATUS_INSUFF_SERVER_RESOURCES opening remote file
> testprint_ps". Then it has some other messages about stopped with different
> statuses. All the pc's are in the same workgroup. Thanks for your help.
> Larry

>From the error above, it looks like permission problem. I believe the
error is saying NT status is insufficientserver resources, meaning the
problem is probably you are printing to an NT shared printer, and it
is not authenticating you and allowing you to
print.

When you choose samba queue for printing.There are few fields you need
to fill like share this is most important this share should be same as
the windows printer share name means if the windows share printer name
is samba then you have to give samba as share name .

To see what is the name of the windows printer share .Right click on
the printers(which is shared ) and then see the properties of it.You
will see the share name of that printer give that share name in the
linux(samba queue field)

Username is the user who has the right to access or print to the XP
printer make sure ur giving the valid user in this field.
Give the correct workgroup and ip address/hostname of the machine.

Regards

Ankush