Problem with FC3 partition

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue May 3 22:10:34 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 04:52:06PM +0200, Franco wrote:
> Hi, i'm installing a fresh FC3 on an Athlon 1.8 with 512 MB of ram
> and 2 HD, first 40GB and second 80 GB.
> I need to create a boot partition on the first hd and the root on the
> second hd but when i create it and install FC3 on the boot after
> hardware check it hang !!! If i do an FC3 default partition it work
> fine but seams to do a virtual volume so the root is the sum of 2 hd,
> but in this installation it an hd fails i will lose all data on other
> hd?! Can someone help me to the right partition? Thanks in advance.
> Frank.
I don't know why this does not work for you but I don't quite
understand why the boot partition has to be on the first disk. It is
very small next to the 80GB size of your disk.

While it may be true that a watched pot never boils, the one you don't
keep an eye on can make an awful mess of your stove.
		-- Edward Stevenson
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University