Package kdebase needs samba-common = 3.0.11

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Wed May 4 05:30:42 UTC 2005

On 5/3/05, Kam Leo <kam.leo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/3/05, Steven J. Brown <sbrown3 at optonline.net> wrote:
> > When I run 'yum update', after several minutes of attempting to resolve
> > dependencies, yum gives me the following error message:
> >
> >     Package kdebase needs samba-common = 3.0.11, this is not available.
> >
> > No updates take place.  'rpm -qi samba-common' reported that I have
> > version 3.0.11.  I then ran 'yum update samba-common' and now I have
> > version 3.0.14 and I still get the error message.
> >
> > I commented out the kde-redhat.org repository and re-ran 'yum update'
> > and it ran fine, updating a handful of programs.  Then I uncommented the
> > kde-redhat.org repository lines and ran yum again and got the same
> > message.  Searching list archives and google turned up nothing.  I had
> > the same problem on my notebook.
> >
> > Other information:
> >
> > kernel: 2.6.10-1.771_FC2 (yes, FC2)
> > KDE: 3.4.0
> >
> > Can I do something to fix this?
> >

> I checked http://apt.kde-redhat.org and found the following rpms:
> http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/2/stable/RPMS/samba-common-3.0.11-0.2.2.kde.i386.rpm
> http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/2/stable/RPMS/samba-common-3.0.14-0.2.a.2.kde.i386.rpm
>
> Try uninstalling samba-common, then run yum again with kde-redhat.repo
> enabled. (If you are using a different baseurl for kde-redhat you
> might try changing to this one.)

I do not mean "remove" samba-common but to replace it with the
previous version, i.e.

rpm -Uvh --oldpackage
http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/2/stable/RPMS/samba-3.0.11-0.2.2.kde.i386.rpm

Enable your kde-redhat repo and use "yum install kdebase" to bring kde
up to date.  After that you can run "yum update" to bring everything
up to latest version.