Kernel upgrade possible?

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah.foster at gmail.com
Wed May 4 10:56:22 UTC 2005

Anand Buddhdev wrote:

> Coert W wrote:
>
>> I use Fedora Core 3 with the SMP kernel it came with.
>> Is it wise to upgrade?

I too am thinking of upgrading. I am using Fedora Core 1. I use over the
network, running X on my local machine and then logging in with ssh -X.
I use the tools like gimp and sodipodi which need later versions of
certain libraries to be upgraded. What is the best approach for me? I
have downloaded the FC 3 cds but since I cannot access the installation
GUI (can't login over the network at boot time,) what approach shoud use?

Should I just upgrade the kernel and use apt-get to update various
libraries needed or does one need to re-install the entire operating
system from scratch?

Thanks very much,

Jeremiah