2 appz needed to be REcompiled every reboot.... ( little boring )

Pedro Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Wed May 4 17:28:28 UTC 2005

Em Qua, 2005-05-04 às 19:20 +0200, Manu Linux Lookit escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> i'm using 2 software under FC3/770 :
>
> - nvidia drivers
> - vmware
>
> These 2 applications needed to be recompiled every reboot of my computer.

You should read the release notes.. It's all there.. The problem is that
the install step of these two creates some devices under /dev. Since FC3
uses udev , those entries will not be there on the next reboot , unless
there's a rule for creating those devices or a copy of the /dev entries
on the udev dir . I dont recall the specific details on how to do this ,
but as I said , the release notes knows it all.

--
Pedro Macedo