eth0

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed May 4 17:56:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 10:46, List wrote:

> I had encountered some problem with eth0. I am unable to ping the box
> ip or ssh login via another network. But I am able to login via the
> local area network. If i restart the network /etc/init.d/network
> restart, everything started to work again. This goes on for weeks and
> I have not find any solution. I am hoping someone out there can help
> me.

You would see this effect if you do not have a default gateway set
or it is set incorrectly.  You can use the 'route' command to see
current routes and add them.  I can't help with the reason the
route would be missing, though.  Do you pick up the network information
via DHCP or did you configure a static address?

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com