FC3 shutdown error with vmware

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Wed May 4 18:27:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, 4 May 2005, Ernie McCracken wrote:

> On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 12:28:17PM -0400, Robert Locke wrote:
>> Slightly off-topic question for this list, but when the VM hardware
>> upgrades does it tick off the Windows activation crap?
>
> I went from VMware Workstation 4.5.2 to 5.0 and Windows XP Pro did not
> complain.

At least some site-licensed versions of XP Pro don't invoke WinXP
activation at all.  I have a dual-boot XP Pro/FC system and the XP side
also boots in VMware.  In theory, that should trigger the activation crap
every time I switch hardware profiles, but it doesn't for my (corporate)
XP.

Just FYI...

--
 		Matthew Saltzman