Bug Report

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed May 4 23:01:37 UTC 2005

Robert Locke wrote:

> I suppose you could always "re-install" the old version of the kernel -
> perhaps the Linuxant one that is 2.6.10 based.....
>
> BTW,  I always keep a few kernels around for just such an occasion.  You
> never know when something is going to bite you in the ______... :-)

Of course, the current behaviour of the kernel/grup exacerbats the
problem by always booting the latest kernel.

In grub, I like
default=saved

and
savedefault

which cause the last-booted kernel to be the default next time.

The current behaviour is a disaster waiting to happen. I want to be on
hand when I change kernels, or at least be able to, in case there's a
problem.

--

Cheers
John