Internet radio for FC3?

Chris Gramer cgramer at fastmail.fm
Thu May 5 00:30:42 UTC 2005

Rather than trying to slog through getting amaroK running, I'll just
ask:    What package do you all recommend for listening to streaming
radio on FC3?  And is that package going to have a huge list of
dependencies to satisfy, like a codec for every type of audio stream I
want to play, libraries for various fonts and album art display, etc.,
etc.?  Is there a reason everything has to be so modular in Linux?
Can't an audio player have everything it needs in its own
package/archive?

Anyway, sorry for ranting here.  And thanks for any help with streaming
audio on FC3!  :-)  I really really want to be able to switch over to
Linux full-time, but there are only two things holding me back:

1.  Multimedia (i.e. music and video, and the streaming variety of them)
2.  Games

Not much can be done about the games, but certainly multimedia could be
better and easier in Linux.  I've played streaming radio with RealPlayer
in FC3, but it's choppy and doesn't sound very good.  (I hate RealPlayer
in general, even in Windows.)  Anyway, thanks again.

--
  Chris Gramer
  cgramer at fastmail.fm