cpuspeed: 2g running at 800m

Jamie Bohr jamiebohr at gmail.com
Thu May 5 04:06:58 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have a dell M70 with 2G Centrino and am having problems getting cpuspeed
to act the way I want. When I am not docked the fastest I can get the CPU to
go is 800 Mhz. I would like it to go at least 1.4G if I could. I have
searched this list and was able to get the CPU to 800 Mhz from 400 Mhz when
operating on the battery.

My /etc/cpuspeed.conf looks like:

VMAJOR=1
VMINOR=1
OPTS="-i 2"
DRIVER="powernow-k8"
#OPTS="-i 2 -a /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/*/state -t
/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/*/temperature 75"

When on battery or power (not docked):

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 13
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 2.00GHz
stepping : 8
cpu MHz : 798.091
cache size : 2048 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov patclflush
dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx est tm2
bogomips : 1572.86

I have even googled to find a solution, not luck. Help I have a 2G system
and I am not getting the most of it.

Thank you.