Middle button not working with Creative Notebook Optical mouse

Toralf Lund toralf at procaptura.com
Thu May 5 11:44:26 UTC 2005

Ow Mun Heng wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 21:05 +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
>

>>I just connected a "Creative Notebook Optical" mouse to my FC3 system.
>>Works fine, mostly, but it looks like middle-button clicks aren't
>>registered. Any ideas why?
>>

>xorg.conf
>
>Section "InputDevice"
>        Identifier  "Mouse0"
>        Driver      "mouse"
>        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
>        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
>        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"  <-----
>        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes" <-----
>EndSection

Yes, when using those I do get middle-click *emulation*. - Actually, I
thought I tried that earlier and that it didn't work, but apparently
system-config-mouse didn't update xorg.conf...

I'd still prefer the real thing, though. I mean, it seems to me that a
switch is activated if I press down the scroll wheel, but X doesn't seem
to understand the signal (presumably) being sent.

- Toralf