switching port numbers...

Johannes Findeisen mailman at hanez.org
Thu May 5 15:51:08 UTC 2005

On Thursday 05 May 2005 00:39, bruce wrote:
> hi...
>
> i have an internal system running FC3/apache1.3.33 attached to a router.
>
> the apache works, normally running with port 80. i'd like to change the
> port number for apache, doing a kind of port forwarding.
>
> is it possible to have the FC3 os 'switch' the input port 80 traffic to
> port 87? if it is possible, how would i do it...

You could do this in you httpd.conf but John said this before. Another idea:

If you want the Apache listen to port 80 by some reason and want to make the
server accessible thru port 87 too, you could setup port forwarding with
iptables.

I think it goes like this:

/sbin/iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 87 -j DNAT --to
192.168.0.1:80

You will find more information here or at google when searching for "iptables
port forwarding howto":

http://www.socialhacker.com/howtos/port_forwarding.php

Regards
--