[OT FC1] : Updates....

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Fri May 6 14:53:58 UTC 2005

Everyone,

I've not forgotten all the FC1 users out there.
I have a few more packages...

(1)   A vanilla kernel compiled from the latest sources from
kernel.org..  This is version 2.4.x kernels we are talking about not
version 2.6.x.
~    Be careful, I tried applying all the patches from RedHat; but,
they either are too many differences, couldn't find good reason,
already applied, or just too difficult to sort through without taking
6-9 months to patch.  On top of all that, I wasn't sure someone didn't
already have another (better) method of patching the problem already
there.
~    The kernel says it is 2.4.30-1.fc1.vanilla but is really patched
to 2.4.31-pre1-bk2 (2005-05-01) level.  You can read all about the
kernel from www.kernel.org.  Please keep your old kernels!!!

http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/kernel-2.4.30-1.fc1.vanilla.i686.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/kernel-source-2.4.30-1.fc1.vanilla.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/kernel-doc-2.4.30-1.fc1.vanilla.i386.rpm

http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/src/kernel-2.4.30-1.fc1.vanilla.src.rpm

(2)  ClamAV  0.84
I'll announce it only because I do keep a version on my server.  There
are many other places you can get it for FC1 now.  You can get more
information from http://www.clamav.net ...
Be careful about upgrading though, many file permissions are changing
... check your logs!!!  Most if not all the directories need
clamav.clamav as the owner.group and have write permissions.  They
include the /var/run/clamav, /var/log/clamav directories, and others.

http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/clamav-0.84-1.fc1.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/clamav-devel-0.84-1.fc1.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/clamav-milter-0.84-1.fc1.i386.rpm

http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/src/clamav-0.84-1.fc1.src.rpm

(3)  Sendmail 8.13.4
On 3/27/2005 sendmail.org announced the new version.  I just decided
to upgrade.  Be careful, I've included the -cf rpm and there may be
problems installing to upgrading this version.  I'm not sure most
users need this rpm.

http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/sendmail-8.13.4-2.fc1.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/sendmail-devel-8.13.4-2.fc1.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/sendmail-doc-8.13.4-2.fc1.i386.rpm