Suggestions for laptop purchase for Fedora Core 3?

David Fletcher fm_maillists at ntlworld.com
Sun May 8 07:50:39 UTC 2005

On Sunday 08 May 2005 06:17, David A. Wheeler wrote:
> I want to buy a new laptop to run Fedora Core 3 (& successors)
> that will give a SIMPLE straightforward install with no/few proprietary
> modules/wrappers. Can anyone suggest a particular CURRENT laptop model?
>
> There are a few people who sell Linux preinstalled, but the ones
> I found seem to have a $600+ premium.  I'd pay a $100 premium, but
> their premiums seem really steep to me.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> --- David A. Wheeler

There's a company in the UK http://www.novatech.co.uk which sells laptops as
well as all the other stuff. The difference with them is that as you check
out you can pick what you want pre installed on your computer - the choice is
XP Pro, XP Home or nothing. Of course the nothing option avoids paying the
usual $soft tax.

I've never owned a laptop but I have seen a message somewhere from another
computer user who said he'd bought several laptops from them and they all ran
Linux with no problems at all.

Is this a help?

Davew Fletcher