Unable to play video files

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun May 8 13:45:48 UTC 2005

--- Linux Adict <linux.adikt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have installed xine which took fairly long time
> for the
> installation, but now I am lost i do not know how to
> start and use
> Xine.
How did you install xine?  Did you use yum, installed
via rpm? compiled from source?

To make xine work, in my case, I use the rpms from
http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/xine/

and as superuser
rpm -ivh libxine* xine-ui*
rpm -ivh libdvdcss2*
rpm -ivh w32codec*

Everything has worked nicely.  Please try to work with
it, sooner or later you will succeed.

Regards,

Antonio

I am using KDE 3.4 and there is no shortcut