Dydns service

Deboo Geek knowledgeful at gmail.com
Sun May 8 15:53:50 UTC 2005

On 5/8/05, Matt Florido <matt at floridonet.com> wrote:
> Deboo Geek wrote:
> > On 5/8/05, Mostafa Z. Afgani <mostafa.afgani at world.iu-bremen.de> wrote:
> >>
> >>dyndns.org has a free service. Perhaps that's what Paul was referring to.
> >

> > Thanks Mostafa!
> >            I was using dydns.org instead of dyndns.org
> >

> Not sure of your exact purpose, but you may also want to check into the
> update client: ddclient
>
> It runs as a daemon and has the ability to update dyndns/zoneedit and
> other dynamic Dns providers.
>
> yum info ddclient
>
> Name   : ddclient
> Arch   : noarch
> Version: 3.6.3
> Release: 4
> Size   : 138 k
> Repo   : installed

> ddclient is a Perl client used to update dynamic DNS entries for
> accounts on many dynamic DNS services.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Matt Florido

I was trying out ipcheck script, but if ddclient supports zoneedit, I
might use that instead. One question about zoneedit tho: ddclient
would update the zone info at ZE everytime my ip changes (say at every
bootup, or daily), but would it not require ZE 72 hours for the change
to take effect? How much time does it take for the ip change to take
effect, if say I have a domain with ZE.

I asked my ISP what would be the cost of getting a global/permanent IP
address and the guy said it would be around 150 to 200 USD. Is that a
normal price. How much is normal pricing?

Regards,
Deboo
--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.