USB WiFi

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun May 8 21:08:58 UTC 2005

lloyd545220-trucker at yahoo.com wrote:

> I use WiFi all of the time and all over the USA using
> Ndiswrapper.

Thanks for your response.

But do you use a USB WiFi device?
I use a PCMCIA Orinoco Gold WiFi card all the time
with the standard orinoco_cs kernel driver.

I would use ndiswrapper if all else fails,
and if it works with USB devices.

But the documentation seems to suggest
that the orinoco_usb driver works with Linux.
Unfortunately I have been unable to find any instructions
that I can understand explaining how to use it.

> I've re-written the instructions for FC3
> and posted them on LinuxQuestion.org

I'll certainly look at that.

--
Timothy Murphy