Install grub to CD, but use HD grub.conf?

Mark Haney markh at uptimecomputer.net
Mon May 9 12:35:46 UTC 2005

Neil Bird wrote:

>   I need to create a grub boot CD for a laptop so that I can dual boot
> FC3 with Windows without touching the laptop drive's MBR.

Use mkbootdisk --iso it's what I use on a machine of mine that takes any
MBR changes and reverts them as part of the recovery process.  Build the
ISO then burn to a CD-RW.

--
otium cum dignitate

Mark Haney
Network Engineer, Uptime Computer Sales and Service
828-681-8030
markh at uptimecomputer dot net