Aliases Question

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Mon May 9 15:44:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 16:29 +0100, Sean O Sullivan wrote:
> Matthew Miller wrote:
>
> >>Manipulating aliases is the wrong approach. Tighten your filters.
> >>Personally, I loathe spam assassin. The rbls like SORBS and Spamhaus get
> >>the job done rather nicely.

> >Why loathe? It can use SORBS and Spamhaus, *plus* other things.
> >
> Yes ... the orignal topic was boring, time to go on mini-side rant/topic :)
>
> Curious in your loathing also, because of SA's resource usage or ... ?

Ponderous, unnecessary and costly in resources. That's just my opinion.
Moreover, it's yet another piece of code to maintain. There are certain
things that spammers do (which I will not discuss in the open) that
create zero-false-positive "signatures" that are easy to eliminate with
most MTAs. On top of that, the origination of most spam is VERY
predictable.
--
Multi-RBL Check:         http://www.TQMcube.com/rblcheck.htm
Kill Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm