USB WiFi

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue May 10 11:06:35 UTC 2005

Charles Malespin wrote:

>> I would use ndiswrapper if all else fails,
>> and if it works with USB devices.

> I am using a Dell USB 1450 Wireless adapter with Ndiswrapper 1.1 and the
> 2.6.11 kernel on FC3 with no real problems.  I have been basically
> upgrading my kernel from the stock one and ndiswrapper with it, and each
> time the USB wifi works.  Uses the driver from the CD it came with.

Thanks, as I said I shall try ndiswrapper if all else fails.
But I have found several places where people have said that they have
my device, Agere (Lucent) ORiNOCO USB Client (0x047e/0x0300),
working with the orinoco_usb driver,
and I would really prefer that if I could find how to get it working.

[I have the orinoco_usb driver installed,
and the USB device is listed in /proc/bus/usb/devices
but it does not find the driver.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366