what is the latest version of openssh-server

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:34:31 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, jim martin <postfix168 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Look in your sshd_conf file and look for a line that
> > might read
> > Protocol 1,2
> > and change it so that it only reads
> > Protocol 2
>
> > That's all they want you to do.
>
> Thanks, so in order to prove to people that we are
> using protocol 2 instead of 1 without reading the
> sshd_config file. The best to do is test connecting
> with SSH1 and SSH2 client program to verify ??  or ?

There is a similar file to sshd_config called ssh_config (note the
missing 'd' in the second one) in the same directory /etc/ssh/  There
you can specify which protocol(s) your ssh client uses to connect.
I'd say that would probably be a good test.  Change the line
# Protocol 2,1
Protocol 1
and try to connect.  You should not be able to connect.  Then change it to
Protocol 2
and you should be able to connect.  Note, you only use one client,
ssh, you just tell it which protocol(s) it can use.  The default is to
use 2 first, then 1 if that fails.  2 is a better protocol and sshd
should be forced to use only 2 as your auditor has told you.  Is this
the default for Fedora?  I forget as we change it to only use 2 at
work.

Jonathan