linux&win share partition, disable write-cache?

Tony Prawiro tonyprawiro at gmail.com
Wed May 11 09:18:27 UTC 2005

of course each thunderbird has its own default mail folder

i forgotten to mention that i manually moved the mail folder of both thunderbirds into same partition:

linux thunderbird data dir to /mnt/hda9/mails (i created a symlink of .thunderbird/blahblahblah/theMailFolder to /mnt/hda9/mails)

windows thunderbird data folder to D:\mails

my aim is i want to receive emails both from windows and linux into the exactly same folder so my mails are integrated into  single partition, single directory.

imho yes, it is some sort of write-cache issue. i imagined that both OS is actually trying to write the same partition/file at the same time... and that's not just happened in this case.

another case:

i tried to "touch" a new file to /mnt/hda9/ directory and the new file won't visible by windows. i have to dismount and remount the partition again (using Computer Management : remove drive letter, then assign a new drive letter again) so the file visible by windows.

Thank you.