how-to for x-terminal newbie

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Wed May 11 16:42:59 UTC 2005

I want to setup an old lap to run as an x-terminal. I know nothing about
doing this yet, I only know that it can be done and think it's called an
x-terminal. It gives me a remote login to my main machine right?

Sadly I can't search "x-terminal" in our archive in gmane and all that I
found throught google was at least 3 years old. The only promising thing
I found was this thread on fedora-devel-list:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00757.html

... from that list it looks like I should get to know and use LCFG
http://www.lcfg.org/

not becaue I need it fro my little laptop, but because it's scalable etc.

So, opinions, links and help greatly accepted.

Duncan