clamscan

Peter Lesterhuis peterlesterhuis at tiscali.nl
Thu May 12 08:26:17 UTC 2005

Hi,
I did a clamscan on my system and found 2 infected files in thunderbird,
one in the trash-folder and the other one in the inbox-folder. I emptied
the trash-folder as well as all messages inside the inbox-folder. I ran
clamscan again and was surprised to notice that the inbox was still
infected, while it seemed empty. When I browsed to the inbox folder with
the file browser (applications-file browser) and opened the folder with
gedit it became clear that the folder wasn't empty at all. It contained
still 10 MB messages (??!!) I deleted these. I checked the folder and
now it really was empty. Again I ran clamscan but the the log file
indicates the infected file is still there:

Scan started: Thu May 12 09:56:28 2005

/home/peter/.thunderbird/43r07o17.default/Mail/Local Folders/Inbox~:
Worm.Sober.P FOUND

-- summary --
Known viruses: 34297
Engine version: 0.84