Ban peter.whalley

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Thu May 12 12:20:47 UTC 2005

Antonio Olivares wrote:

> --- William Hooper <whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>> John Summerfied wrote:
>>
>>> Can we get his person banned until he sorts out
>>>
>> his mail problem?
>>
>> That would be great, except that address isn't
>> subscribed.
>>

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-April/msg00380.html
>

> If he is not subscribed, then how do his annoying
> messages come back to us when we send a message to fedora-list at redhat.com.

Setting up forwarding e-mail address isn't that hard, and since the
message doesn't have full headers it is impossible to tell what the e-mail
address is.

This has been discussed multiple times in the past (please see the
archives).  Posting the same info about it again and again isn't going to
do anything but give you more of the messages.

As I see it we need one of the following:
a) Someone who knows this person to get them to unsubscribe
b) Someone with enough time to send a mail to every address on the list
and see what address is doing it
c) Kill the list off and make everyone resubscribe
d) Set up a client side filter and get on with your life

--
William Hooper