Nasty KVM Problem

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu May 12 13:06:06 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 08:56, John Summerfied wrote:
> Holger Burde wrote:
> > hi;
> >
> > I use a 4 way KVM switch that worked perfect until kernel
> > 2.6.11-1.14_FC3smp. Since then i lost the keyboard on all upgraded
> > machines. Mouse is still working. Since i use a logitech wireless
> > infront of the kvm  i plugged a normal keyboard but still no go. My
> > workaround at the moment is to use a 2nd usb keyboard (KVM is PS/2).
>
> Just to be sure, confirm that it still works with the previous kernel.
> Linux should not be affected at all by the presence of a KVM - it's all
> hardware and electrical.

But it is well known that Belkin KVM switches have caused problems in
the past.  There are some workarounds available (psmouse.proto=imps).
The known problem however was with the mouse becoming erratic.  Loosing
the keyboard is a new behavior.

Would be good to know the brand and model of KVM switch.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Shick's Law:
	There is no problem a good miracle can't solve.