Samba Access Problems

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Thu May 12 13:26:27 UTC 2005

Good Morning Again Everyone:

This seems to be my day for problems

I am trying to access my File Server (FC2 Up2DATE running samba and
authenticating against the domain)

I am working from my XP station, and when I browse the local network to
the box, I get an error message that states that I might not have
permission to access the resource, (I do) and to contact my
administrator (I am the admin), then it says that All Pipe Instances are
busy.  I have tried restarting samba and winbind, and also rebooting the
box to clear any hung up stuff in the processor.

Beyond that I am not sure where to go any suggestions are appreciated.

I can post any configs etc that you need, just let me know which ones
you want.

Here is the smb.conf file

#Trial SMB.conf file copied from the quick start guide
#Modified to fit the needs of MCASCHOOL

[global]
workgroup = MCASCHOOL
netbios name = SRVFS-01