Video card and tv card recommendations

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Thu May 12 15:17:56 UTC 2005

On 5/12/05, Arthur Pemberton <dalive at flashmail.com> wrote:
> I am interested in ebaying for a video card and tv card, I would
> likesuggestions for linux compatible brands/models. Preferably, I would
> them as pairs that had success workign together.
>
> Thanks alot.
> Peace

I used to use MythTV (about a year ago) and a Hauppauge TV card worked
well. I wouldn't recommend a specific model at this point, since they
change so fast.

Lots of MythTV people preferred relatively modern NVidia video
adapters (128Mb ram). I don't think there was really much relationship
between the TV card and the video card--if they worked independently,
they worked together.

There are a lot of MythTV related forums (KnoppMyth, etc.) where you
might get better, more up-to-date responses about this.