[Fedora] Re: Fwd: RE: Fwd: RE: Re: Ban peter.whalley

Steffen Kluge kluge at fujitsu.com.au
Fri May 13 05:33:45 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 11:55 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Guess someone has fixed the problem.

I did (for you, anyway). In one of your postings to this thread you
quoted a full sender verification request you received. I clicked the
link contained therein to see what it was about. It turned out to be a
proper sender verification setup. Stupid (IMO) but proper. By clicking
that link I added you to Peter Whalley's whitelist, something you could
have done yourself and saved yourself a lot of annoyance.

This is all besides the point though. People may choose to use sender
verification schemes, that's their problem. The real question is, why is
he being sent list email when he's supposedly not a subscriber?

I guess the list maintainers should go through their maillogs to confirm
that no email is sent to him directly from the list servers. I suspect
there is something fishy in the list setup (why does he only get stuff
from certain threads, esp those that mention his name? Or has the
majority of people clicked his link?). One reason not everyone is
getting sender verification requests from PW could be that several of
the uol.com.br mail servers are DNSBL blacklisted.

Anyway, if it is confirmed that emails are not sent from the list
servers to PW, there must be some auto-forwarding going on, from a list
subscriber to PW. In that case, our best hope would be you Antonio
asking him to forward a copy of a list posting of yours, as he received
it, full headers and all. After all, he's accepting emails from you
now... :)

Cheers
Steffen.