My mouse is too enthusiastic!

Sharon Kimble skimble04 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 11:04:12 UTC 2005

My new mouse (a gembird 2 button, 1 wheel. It has a little round green plug
which plugs into the mouse port on the back of my machine.) is too
enthusiastic! It is set up to double-click to open programs from icons, but
frequently it opens Konqueror from its side panel as two instances, instead
of the required one.

When reading emails in KMail, it frequently jumps through one mail when I use
the arrow button to move to the next unread message, decreases the email
count by two, and marks the jumped-through email as being read ........
although I haven't read it!

And when spell-checking an email, its also jumping through two corrections and
marking them both as corrected, even if the middle one is wrong!

I've also found that when moving between the desktops using the mouse-wheel,
it frequently goes the wrong way before reversing direction and going to the
right desktop!

/etc/X11/xorg.conf shows;-
========
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection
========

I've tried googling for an answer (using the search term 'mouse too fast on
fedora core 3') but didn't find anything which seemed useful.

Can anyone help me to slow it down and get it working properly please?

Hopefully, thanks
Sharon.
--
 11:21:50 up 8 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.71, 1.49, 0.79
A taste of linux http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html