Fedoraforum.org is now official?

John Mahowald jpmahowald at gmail.com
Sat May 14 07:01:02 UTC 2005

On 4/7/05, William Hooper <whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> You seem to be operating on the mistaken assumption that fedoraforum.org
> is starting from scratch with no members.  The forum has been operating
> fine for a while now with it's own community.
>
> Nothing has changed other than the forums going from "unofficial" to
> "official".  People that prefer mailing lists will stay on the mailing
> lists and people that prefer forums with stay on the forums.

Well said. I prefer web forums mostly (I'm Jman, a moderator, on
fedoraforum.org) but as you can see I also subscribe to the lists.

FedoraForum has been independent since the beginning. Red Hat does not
host it, FedoraForum is merely the first link under the web forums
support category.

As to the size of the community we built, as of right now there are
28,000 members and a couple hundred thousand posts, not counting the
list archives. There's a volume problem with both support methods, but
together we can handle the volume and give the user a choice for how
they want to ask their question.