DIsk Druid Bugs in installation of latest Fedora

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat May 14 17:13:36 UTC 2005

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 12:05:55PM -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> > This is a strange, strange question. It's like saying "Why insist on only
> > using Anaconda to install Fedora?" No one's *insisting* -- it's just the
> > tool that's provided.
> Pardon my ignorance.  How else would one install fedora?

Very laboriously. :) (Although ther was a project called "slinky" to make an
alternate installer for older low-memory machines.)

But that's not the point I was trying to make. I mean, "insist" seems to
imply that there's some sort of executive order that it be done this way,
when really it's simply a matter of: it's done that way because that's what
we've got.