ramifications of using a stock kernel?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat May 14 20:44:48 UTC 2005

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 01:01:19PM -0500, Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> Apparently the FC kernels are all hacked/patched by Red Hat.  Thus things

With recent Fedora Core, not very much. There was an analysis of this a
while ago on this list, and with the exception of a few big things like
adding the 'tux' kernel-based web server and a kernel crash info collection
system, it's actually pretty close to stock -- in fact, that's one of the
goals of Fedora.

> Oh, I have a second question.  Where can I get the stock FC3 kernel config
> file.  Honestly, the kernel has gotten so big, that I have no idea which
> options should be turned off or on.  Its nice to just load the default FC3
> one, but I don't know where it is.

/boot/config-2.6.11-1.14_FC3