disk usage monitor going crazy

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun May 15 14:32:37 UTC 2005

My disk usage command shows the following - hda is my Windows partition
mounted using the Linux - NTFS project drivers for my kernel:

[root at viewridgeproductions2 windows]# df -h
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                       53G  7.7G   43G  16% /
/dev/hdb1             194M   13M  172M   7% /boot
none                  506M     0  506M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/hda1              19G  4.7G   14G  25% /mnt/windows

hda1 is a 20 GB drive with a bare-bones XP install using about 4.7 GB.
However, I'm being flooded with low disk space warning messages like this:

Inodes: /dev/hda1 (/mnt/windows) is 100% full -- 29K of 29K used, 21 remain

I would just like to turn this monitoring off for that drive - I'll never be
filling it up - is this the wrong approach, and if not, can someone point me
to where these logging features are documented - I've been looking without
success. Otherwise, the drive is mounted and I can copy files from it to my
Linux drives just fine.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA