getting started with mysql

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Sun May 15 21:38:12 UTC 2005

bruce wrote:

>hi...
>
>can you tell us if you actually have mysqld running? i know it states that
>the service started, but is it actually running?

I don't understand, I thought when you start the mysqld service then
mysql is running.

>if it is running, do you have any firewall/seliunx/etc running?

Well, SElinux is enabled, I've gone in and ticked: 'Disable SELinux
protection for httpd daemon' and 'Disable SELinux protection for mysqld
daemon'

>what you're seeing has usually indicated that there was some issue regarding
>the mysql sockets between the client/server...

Okay, no idea what that means. Any of the above answers help?

Duncan