DIsk Druid Bugs in installation of latest Fedora

Billy Tallis wtallis at gmail.com
Sun May 15 21:48:48 UTC 2005

On 5/14/05, Matthew Saltzman <mjs at ces.clemson.edu> wrote:

> >> Pardon my ignorance.  How else would one install fedora?
> >
> > Very laboriously. :) (Although ther was a project called "slinky" to make an
> > alternate installer for older low-memory machines.)
>
> www.rule-project.org.  Seems broken at the moment, though.

Temporary problem. RULE is alive. Slinky works for FC3.

Please don't go and write your own installer. It would be nice if
anaconda would let you say that you will partition with the command
line, but otherwise, fix anaconda. You obviously have hit bugs or at
least misleading features. Slinky was written with a specific purpose,
not as a general installation tool.