Upgrade from FC2 to FC3

Thomas Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Mon May 16 06:32:53 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Moore" <jaymo at mail.bokler.com>
To: "Fedora Mail List" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2005 3:15 PM
Subject: Upgrade from FC2 to FC3

> I'm considering stepping onto thin ice, and upgrading a perfectly
> functional (for me, anyway) FC2 installation to FC3. I though there
> would be an easy "HOW-TO" posted, but a quick look at fedora.redhat.com
> turned up nothing that looked relevant.
>
> Can someone point me toward some resources that will provide some sound
> guidance on the upgrade process?

As long as your Fedora 2 install is not heavily customised with extra
packages and compiled from source apps it is as easy as putting in the 1st
cd and running the > upgrade install.
However, I did have one problem by running the upgrade. Everything worked
except my soundcard, and is an issue I am still trying to resolve.