Firefox Spontaneous Back Action

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon May 16 11:40:48 UTC 2005

Michael B Allen wrote:
> I just installed FC3 w/ Firefox 1.0.4 on a Thinkpad T30.
>
> Whileusing Firefox it sometimes spontaneously goes "back" to the previous page. Usually it occurs immediately after loading a page. Has anyone else noticed this issue?
>
> The only explaination I can think of is that the Synaptics Touchpad on my Thinkpad T30 is a little sensitive (which it is) and that the odd mouse actions are being interpreted as some kind of mouse gesture control.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.

I was going to say that the touchpads are touchy, and I have occasional
problems with random mouse actions. It happens to me on a Powerbook (OS
X), Toshiba T1400 (XP and Linux). I rarely use XP (mostly for
downloading Microsoft's patches); the Powerbook turns off is touchypad
when I plug an external mouse into it. The Tosh with Linux is a pain.

But then I remember, IBM uses joysticks. I don't know about those.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait